SYMOP, who are we?
The « Syndicat des machines et technologies de production » (French association for manufacturing technologies) is a professional organisation that brings together 270 companies ranging from very small industries to large corporations aggregating 16,500 employees with a turnover of 2 billion Euros.
The representatives of a strategic business sector for the competitiveness of the French economy and industry, the production technologies and machines.
One of the main professional associations that is a member of the Fédération des Industries mécaniques (FIM – Association of mechanical engineering industries) and which has a host structure dedicated to the Maison de la Mécanique (Paris-La Défense, France).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF SYMOP
Represent professions gathered within the SYMOP, foster warm and friendly dialogue between professionals and convey via a unified voice the messages of the profession to outside contacts (customer sectors, media, public authorities, civil society, partner fairs, etc.).
Keep its members informed of the topical events of the profession, carry out monitoring of information and forecasts.
Assist company managers and their teams in optimising their projects in France and abroad: support for actions undertaken and creation, where necessary, of new tools. Relevant topics: economy, markets and statistics, monitoring of legislation and standardisation, communication, fairs, etc.
Work together to carry out innovative projects for improving the exposure and customer awareness of the profession and its companies, buoyancy driven by collective action.
YOU ALSO KNOW THE SYMOP THROUGH:
- The Productivez! initiative – Reindustrialise via production technologies and machines
- The Productivez! Labels and Prizes – Promoting productive investment, driving force of the French industry
- The Productivez! Plan – 18 actions to modernise our production tool (based on the Productivez ! Study) with the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Digital Technology as well as Gimélec
- The Alliance Industry of the Future, created in July 2015, as part of the Government’s “Industry of the future” plan to “bring together, accelerate and transform the French industrial tool”, of which Symop is one of the 11 founding members
- The Robotcaliser action – Robotics to avoid relocating
- ROBOT Start PME Initiative – Assistance to 200 SMEs in integrating their first robot
- The Economic Interest Grouping Collectif Soudage – collection of WEEE waste
- Tech2prod – action to promote occupations
- SYMOP Indicator – Order of capital goods, demand of the French market and many sector-based studies carried out each year with industrial manufacturers
Click HERE to become a member of SYMOP.